Sunday 6 October 2013

The True Marketplace- PasarBella


If you were just like me haven't visited The Grandstand (former Turf Club in Bukit Timah) for sometimes, then you should! The run-down grandstand now comes back alive with more than 20 food and beverage outlets, some would really surprise you :)

I went The Grandstand last week as my friend asked me along to check out PasarBella. I thought PasarBella is new flee market for good bargain because of its name so I said 'Yes!' without a second thought :)

While on the way to The Grandstand my friend was keep talking about what to have for dinner but not anything about flea market. Then I only found out from him PasarBella is a restaurant having the similar concept of Marche. My excitement has dropped to Zero immediately as I never like Marche. 

Well, believing in 'things happen for a good reason', we never aborted the plan to visit 'PasarBella'. 

We were scratching head once stepped into PasarBella. There wasn't any signage to say 'Please wait to be seated', neither any service staff to guide us on table seating, nor distributing cards to use for food order. What we saw is stalls selling fresh produce, wine and... NONE of them selling 'cooked' food to fill our empty stomach.

However, we decided to explore further as we were attracted by the concept of this 'restaurant'. Every steps further, we see more and more interesting stalls selling food and specialty... Hmm... We realised this is not a restaurant but a Marketplace. The 1st True-Marketplace on the red dot. And soon I fall in love with it...

Having too many choices aren't a good thing for greedy Shevy :P After going rounds and rounds I finally decided to have my new love- Roast Pork Belly from Roast & Host by Keith & Kin. Allow me to say this word- 'Wa Seh!' It's Amazingly delicious!! Superb & thumbs up! :) Another thumbs up is the fresh oyster at Oceans of Seafood. Its best quality & freshness made me recall my catch up session with a long friend last year in Melbourne. She brought me to a marketplace have cheap and fresh oyster... Oops! I nearly finish all oyster on the plate and forgetting my poor friend was still hunting more food for me with empty stomach :P

As I was rushing for a last minute appointment with my client, I didn't manage to enjoy more food. Well, I will definitely go back to PasarBella very soon! :)

Cheers! ~By Shevy

P/S: Boys & Girls, you must check it out! *wink* :) http://www.pasarbella.com/

 

 





0 comments:

Post a Comment